Monday, May 21, 2007

ooh!! I like it!

Photo: me at La Isla Negra in Chile...home of Pablo Neruda. If you haven't seen Il Postino, I highly recommend it!!

Yay!! This is a GREAT idea! Bonnie, I swear, another year HAS made you smarter ;) Well, I just thought I'd let you all know that I completed a week of hell at my job. Having been trained in half an hour, I was left to run the site that I work at for two weeks. What do I do exactly? Well, the place that I work at outsources their recruiting to the company that hires temps to do their hiring. Does that make sense?? Basically, I am doing some recruiting for a company's call center. Now, let me tell you: call center=GED/poorly-educated/liberal arts majors/criminals. NOW...I'm not saying that liberal arts majors are poorly-educated. That is why I, definitely classified under the category of liberal arts, used a slash in stead of a comma. But it pretty much sucks. And I spent 60 hours last week working at that sucky job.

It' starting to make Mary Kay look like a more feasible option. Bon, wanna give me any pointers? How much money can I make selling it??

So, I've been flying solo at work...finding out as I go along everything that i am doing wrong. It pretty much sucks. I hate not knowing what i am supposed to be doing...and then find out that I did it wrong anyway. The nice part is: can they really blame me??

Ummm...I'm still taking suggestions as to what direction I should take my life. Please, feel free to comment. I'm really leaning towards graduate school. The idea of going into so much debt to become a teacher, though, is very unappealing.

My love life is...well, interesting, I guess. Only interesting because it's "different." As most of you know, I have my Danish boyfriend in Denmark. He has been investigating the church for the past 3 months and really feels like he hasn't gotten an answer. As of yesterday, he told me that he doesn't want to waste the missionaries' time. My thought: missionaries in Denmark...hmmm, I doubt they feel as though their time is being wasted. I hear it's not very easy to proselyte in Europe and even worse in Scandinavia. Anyway, we talked yesterday and I bawled the whole time. I was so sad and frustrated. I felt like he had given up and, basically, that means we're done. But, he told me he hasn't given up. I dunno...we'll see what happens. In the mean time, anyone know of any handsome, rich, LDS, graduate students that love to travel and will make millions within the next 5 years? I may be available shortly.

Nothing else new, really. Visit my blog...it will tell you my adventures for some of the past year. I am still working on updating it, though.

No comments: