Monday, May 28, 2007

First Annual WWW (um, that's Wild Women's Weekend, btw...)

Okely Dokely, nieghbors!! I'm getting this cruise planning started...here are some options:

Option 1: Of the continental.com cruises that Amy emailed about a while back (to cozumel and merida, Mexico) there is only one cheap one left, Dec, 1-6 (sat. thru thurs.) and it is $279 per person for double occupancy. There's also an option to add a 3rd or 4th person to the room starting at $179 a person. Now I think that would be more fun than just 2 people per room, plus we could all share the savings. (as long as you single kids are ok with some of us potentially bringing babies that potentially cry at night :) That cruise leaves from Galveston, TX and southwest flies there for about $240-$360 round trip (i checked, Phoenix, Vegas, Omaha and Orlando to get a variety and they're all around there). You can't book travel for Dec. yet but those are the prices for late october flights.

Option 2: A Royal Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas from Miami. It's $259 for 4 days and flights to Miami on southwest are only a little more expensive than to Galveston (who knew?)
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=00004ADmAeSJbph28ICOs1EXsUN:10ktdmlju?packageCode=MJ04S014&date=20074&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

Option 3: A 5 day caribbean cruise on Carnival leaving from Jacksonville, Fl. which runs about $260. http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=JAX&itinCode=KWB&durDays=5&sailDate=10/29/2007&shipCode=CE&sailingID=42560&subRegionCode=BH&rateCode=BCA

Some of you may be wondering why I didn't include any leaving from LA (especially those of you who live within driving distance :) Really, the only cruises leaving from there are to Ensenada/Catalina island or Hawaii. The Ensenada option was what Luke and I did for our honeymoon and frankly it wasn't that interesting. And I'm assuming Hawaii is currently out of everyone's price range :) Too bad, of course.
So, please post your vote in a timely fashion for option 1, 2 or 3. In fact, you have a deadline. Please vote by the end of this week, June 3rd, and we can see which is the most popular. I know many of you can't promise to make it that far ahead of time since schedules and money situations change but trust me, if you're committed to coming and having a rocking good time with your girls, then it'll happen. Remember, if you don't vote, you can't complain about the choice!! Love you all!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I have never been on a cruise...never been to the Caribbean/Bahamas/Mexico/anywhere exotic....haha. Just kidding. Take away anywhere exotic. I'm game for cheap. I don't care if we leave from Texas or Florida or Canada...I know I'll have to fly. I will not be able to go in October...but other than that, I'm pretty open. I like the 5-night option. Why not stay an extra night for the same price?