Thursday, August 29, 2013

WWW - Boston Edition (October 2012)

Sorry it has taken so long to get these up here.  I think you all had access to the Flickr stream that I created.  This will be VERY similar.  I apologize for any duplicate comments, but you can't expect me to create multiple witty comments for the same photos!

The fun started on Wednesday when Lis made her way to Boston and, all by herself, navigated the subway lines, found my little house, and crashed there for the afternoon until I finished work.  What a trooper!  We picked up Bonnie that night and the next day, while we waited for Jess to make her appearance, I dragged them to Copley Square to . . . go to the library.

Amy = NERD!

On the T (the subway)
Not sure why I am roughly the same color as an oompa loompa (?!), 
must be that late autumnal New England sun!

 City Girl Style in Copley Square

 Shhhhh!!  We're in the library.


These girls are wicked smaht!

There's just so much to love about this photo.  
And yes, that is poor, wee Wilkie careening down the hallway at top speed.

We went to the North End (Boston's Little Italy) where we waited outside in a line for some of the city's best (and my favorite) Italian: Giaccomo's.

 Worth the wait...

 ...especially with faces like these!
(I did not know I was capable of bitter beer face!)

Fabulous girls, fabulous food!

A visit to the North End would not be complete without Mike's Pastry!  

Yum!

Cannolis for EVERYONE!


The next morning we piled in the car to visit Vermont's Finest!  
A dream come true for us B&J-loving gals!

 This doofy guy volunteered to take our photo...but decided we needed a selfie of him.

If you click on this to expand it, you can see the annoyance we felt toward Doofy on every one of our faces...except Lis'.



We toured the factory and got ourselves some tasty treats!

Jessie kindly offered to share some of her milk supply to make ice cream, 
but Wilkie would have none of it!

 Just to give you a little perspective about what we consumed in college....

 While we took photos, we kept Wilkie safely out of harms way--alone in the middle of a parking lot.

Where there's a will (or a hill), Bon will find a way!

 We went to pay our respects at the Flavor Graveyard where we found old friends like...

 Urban Jumble (you brought such joy and cellulite to us!)...

and Devil's Food Chocolate (our lives and thighs have never been the same!).  
As you can see, Jess was especially crushed.



 Back in the day, Bon was especially torn between these two...
and the emotional tug-of-war rages on.

Perhaps the only time in my life I've ever thought that Jess looked remotely canine.

While in Vermont, we decided to check out a little cheese factory.  Unfortunately, we couldn't take a tour, but the woman sold us a goat cheese called Bonne Bouche and said, "My granddaugther just loves the stuff!"
Jess was NOT a fan.


Mmmm...nothing like pungent, rotting coagulated goat's milk  in a small, enclosed space.

Dinner just doesn't get better looking than this!  The fancy digs belong to my friend, Lisa.  She was out of town for the weekend and kindly let us crash in her beautiful two bedroom apartment.  
It was perfect!

We stayed up late watching the classic flick, Pride & Prejudice.  Oh wait!  Not that P&P.  Not that P&P, either.  This P&P.  Remember, we're reliving college.

This next series of photos is perhaps one of my favorites 
(and illustrates how we spent 90% of our time...next time, no phones!!)
We've...
 never...

 looked...

 SO good!

We went to Harvard Square where we...
 all tried on Anthro hats... 
(Jess, this is a step up from the hat that possessed your soul in Jerome, AZ -- check the previous post.  You can't miss it!)

 I introduced the gals to Burdick hot chocolate...

we took the T into the city...

 While Jess showed off her mad balancing skills (and those amazing jazz hands)...

 and Bon got her ab workout in.


We stopped in a little Italian supermarket where Wilkie charmed this Italian nonno.
Anyone have any hand sanitizer??

 Sadly, we had to take Lis to the airport that night.

The next day Jess and Bon attended church with me and got to see how 
awkward and weird mid-singles wards are.  
And then we went to a cemetery (you gals may never want me to plan a 3-Dub Getaway again!).
 Mount Auburn is one of the most gorgeous and picturesque cemeteries out there.

 We look way too happy to be hanging out with the dead!

Knowing how reverent and respectful we tend to be when together...
 we decided to roll down the hill.
 And just kept on rolling!
Cemetery Chic

And then there was a competition.....I think Bon won.

 Sunset photo shoot

Before the girls left, we had to finish off the goodies!

No way was I going to be left alone with all these treats!

I wasn't sure we could do it, but in the end, we triumphed!

 Then there was that one time where Jessie was laying down, jiggling Wilkie above her and 
he threw up right in her mouth....

...and this is how he felt about it.

All in all, I think WWW-Boston Edition was a success!!
Love you girls!  So excited that there's only 6 months until the next one!



















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I feel lame exalting the benefits of a smartphone when it looked like that's all we did half the weekend- haha! And can I just say that Jessie's face in that flavor graveyard makes me laugh-till-I-wet-myself every. Single. Time. I LOVE you girls!! And those of you who haven't made it yet too!!