Monday, June 14, 2010

Lllllllllllllllllllllllladies....

So!! Time to do some planning for out next 3 Dub getaway! Time flies SO fast now that we're all so old that I figured there's no time like the present to start getting things set in stone.

This little post is to get a few opinions from you all...and remember, you can't expect to have a perfect wild women's weekend if you don't let the planner know what you want! So please comment and/or email me!

We decided that Sedona, AZ would be a fantastic place for a getaway since
A. it's got great weather in the spring
B. there's fun shopping AND outdoorsy stuff to do
C. it's BEAUTIFUL and
D. it's close enough to my house that we can really do things on the cheap, if we need to.

On a small budget it gets tricky to have both amazing accomodations and really fun things to do unless you can find a place to stay that's free (like Jess's uncle's place). What I need to know is, would you prefer to stay in a great condo/house with access to a pool, plenty of room to goof around and beautiful scenery right there in Sedona, or do you prefer to spend the majority of our budget on super fun things to do (i.e. jeep tours, rafting, uh...and other fun stuff I haven't checked out yet :)?? I think it would be great either way. We don't necessarily need lots of structured activities to have fun...just ice cream and a chick flick does it for us but it could be a blast to do the whole touristy experience.

There's also a third option...we could stay 2 nights at my house and just have fun lounging about and then spend the entire 3rd day doing crazy outdoor stuff in Sedona. That could potentially be the best of both worlds, but then again you would be sleeping in my basement. :)

Your call girls! Please let me know your preference asap so I can start looking at VRBO rental properties. There are some amazing places available!
I know it's a ways away but I can't WAIT!!!

FYI: I plan on sticking with the previous year's budget of $350 per person since none of you have announced winning the lottery and a couple of you have another mouth to feed. If you start putting it away now, that's just $10 a week, girls!! Make your husband a lunch to take to work a couple of times a week and pocket the savings!! Or, Ames and Emmers, find a stud to take you to lunch twice a week. You might get $350 AND a husband out of it!

Love yas!
Bon

5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Thanks Bonnie, you are great at keeping things going, I like the idea of staying someplace cheep and spending the money doing fun things.

Amy said...

Well, considering the last trip: how motivated (REALLY) are we going to be to get out and do crazy fun things? The last trip was perfectly delightful and most of it was because we were together and Jess had budgeted in plenty of ice cream, yummy food, and some inexpensive fun stuff (New York, New York roller coaster, anyone??)

I love the idea of a fantastic place where we can lounge and watch movies and hang out. Then again, I don't know about everything that Sedona offers, would we be disappointed to miss out on that stuff?

But, I trust you implicitly, Bon. You'll make it great, I know it :)

Elisabeth said...

I hadn't considered it that way, Amy you have a completely valid point. I think either way is fine, I honestly don't have much of an opinion on it.

Heidi said...

yeah, I like the idea of at least a somewhat nice place since I could see us eating a lot of food and playing games and talking and shtuff. I think we all agree that FOOD is important.......and maybe we could pick one costly thing that we'd all enjoy doing. But hiking is free, and raft rentals are very reasonable.....I don't know too much about Sedona, though.

Amy said...

I agree with Heidi. Sorry, Lis, didn't mean to give your comment the smack-down :)

Like I said, as long as I am with my friends, I'm happy.