
Alright! Here it is! The details of our first girly get-together, meticulously planned by yours truly.
I want to let you all know that I took my self-appointed responsibility of organzing this weekend VERY seriously and after weeks of agonizing and deliberating, I realized that it's freaking HARD to come up wih something cheap and doable for us all! After watching me stress out for like forever and a day, my sweet little ol' husband proposed a genius idea. Here it is:
Every year a different wild woman will be in charge of organizing and hosting the WWW at or near their place of residence. This is designed so that each of us:
1) has a chance to show off children/spouses/pets/significant others/kindergarten classrooms/favorite casinos
2) has at least one year when she can plan whatever activities she wants (yes Curl, maybe even camping...perish the thought)
3) can attend the weekend she hosts even if she currently finds herself at a significant financial disadvantage
Now, this by no means that the hostess is limited to staying near her place of residence. When you're in charge, we can go to Cabo if you so desire, BUT be aware that that's probably not going to be a reality for most of us until one of you single girls marries some mega-rich 80-year-old oil tycoon and treats us all :)
I figured this is the cheapest and fairest way to make sure everyone gets involved. As for lodging accomodations, if you have a living room that's big enough for a king sized air mattress, we can all stay for free at the hostesses house! If not, we can stay with one of your relatives, in a cheap hotel close by or whatev. As hostess, however, if you plan for us to stay in a hotel, please try to find the cheapest (sans cockroaches) out there and please try to join us since the late night partying/skinny dipping will be the most fun!
NOW, for 2008. We will be gathering in Phoenix, the weekend of October 8-12 (Wednesday thru Sunday), at my house. October is a perfect time in AZ and I figure most of you have no plans to vacation, etc. during that month. I hope to rent a cabin in nearby Pinetop (a couple hours from my house) for at least 2 of those nights. Plan on coming for as long as is feasible for you. I promise that the cabin cost will not exceed $100 per person (as long as at least 4 of you come!) OK!! Mark your calendars and start checking flights! I'll keep my eyes open as well and let you all know if I see great deals. During the weekend, we will also choose the hostess for next year and agree on a date.
I love you all!! I hope everyone can come and that you're all sufficiently pleased with my organizing attempt. I really tried!! Hasta!
I want to let you all know that I took my self-appointed responsibility of organzing this weekend VERY seriously and after weeks of agonizing and deliberating, I realized that it's freaking HARD to come up wih something cheap and doable for us all! After watching me stress out for like forever and a day, my sweet little ol' husband proposed a genius idea. Here it is:
Every year a different wild woman will be in charge of organizing and hosting the WWW at or near their place of residence. This is designed so that each of us:
1) has a chance to show off children/spouses/pets/significant others/kindergarten classrooms/favorite casinos
2) has at least one year when she can plan whatever activities she wants (yes Curl, maybe even camping...perish the thought)
3) can attend the weekend she hosts even if she currently finds herself at a significant financial disadvantage
Now, this by no means that the hostess is limited to staying near her place of residence. When you're in charge, we can go to Cabo if you so desire, BUT be aware that that's probably not going to be a reality for most of us until one of you single girls marries some mega-rich 80-year-old oil tycoon and treats us all :)
I figured this is the cheapest and fairest way to make sure everyone gets involved. As for lodging accomodations, if you have a living room that's big enough for a king sized air mattress, we can all stay for free at the hostesses house! If not, we can stay with one of your relatives, in a cheap hotel close by or whatev. As hostess, however, if you plan for us to stay in a hotel, please try to find the cheapest (sans cockroaches) out there and please try to join us since the late night partying/skinny dipping will be the most fun!
NOW, for 2008. We will be gathering in Phoenix, the weekend of October 8-12 (Wednesday thru Sunday), at my house. October is a perfect time in AZ and I figure most of you have no plans to vacation, etc. during that month. I hope to rent a cabin in nearby Pinetop (a couple hours from my house) for at least 2 of those nights. Plan on coming for as long as is feasible for you. I promise that the cabin cost will not exceed $100 per person (as long as at least 4 of you come!) OK!! Mark your calendars and start checking flights! I'll keep my eyes open as well and let you all know if I see great deals. During the weekend, we will also choose the hostess for next year and agree on a date.
I love you all!! I hope everyone can come and that you're all sufficiently pleased with my organizing attempt. I really tried!! Hasta!
No comments:
Post a Comment